Paleo Cherry Almond Crisp
Take care of your rainy day blues with this warm, crunchy, gooey cherry crisp! Topped with sliced almonds, coconut, and a Cherry Superfood Almond Cookie, this dish is a match made in heaven. Satisfy your nutritional needs while spoiling your sweet tooth with some wholesome dessert love. Recipe brought to you by @TheFitFork Jennifer Fisher.
PREP TIME - 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME - 45 minutes
- 2 cups frozen sweet dark cherries
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp water
- 0-10 drops liquid stevia, depending on sweetness preference
- 2 Love + Chew Cherry Almond Superfood Cookies, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
1. In approx.. 6” diameter shallow dish, defrost cherries, do not pour off juices.
2. Mix together arrowroot starch and water until dissolved and mix into cherries with juice.
3. In another bowl, toss together chopped Cherry Almond cookies, almonds, and coconut. Sprinkle and pat down over cherries.
4. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 400F degrees or until juices bubbling and top starting to brown.
5. Serve as you prefer, with your favorite dairy-free ice cream or yogurt alternative, etc.