Here at Team L+C, we decided to put our money where our mouth is and dive into Veganuary - a month long commitment to eating plant-based.
Last year, over 580,000 people worldwide participated and we hope in 2022, it will be larger than ever.
While Lauren, our founder, is fully vegan, most of our team is not. In January, we will be eating vegan because we care about the environment, the health impact, as well as the animals. Will you join us for the Veganuary challenge?
How To Prepare For Veganuary
A successful Veganuary starts with planning - go into your pantry and see what you have. Here’s some of our tips and resources to make Veganuary easy-peasy.
Veganuary Pantry Essentials
- Legumes (chickpeas & white beans are a favorite in Lauren’s household)
- Nutritional Yeast (essential for making any dish “cheesy”)
- Lots of fruits & vegetables (especially dark leafy greens)- fresh AND frozen
- Tofu, tempeh, vegan meats (if that’s your thing)
- Nuts (all kinds)
- Raw, unsalted cashews (these will be turned into delicious sauces)
- Earth Balance (or your favorite vegan butter)
- Plant-based protein powder
- Hot sauces, condiments, spices
- Dark chocolate (I go for a lower sugar/ sugar free option)
- Love + Chew Superfood Cookies
Watch out for:
- Sneaky dairy in all sorts of products (hello, milk powder!).
- Gelatin is often used in food and is derived from the skin, bones, and connectie tissues of animals such as cows, pigs etc.
- Lots of wine is not vegan because of a processing agent called casein.
Supplements You Need on a Vegan Diet
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Long-chain omega-3s
Follow along with us as we share tips & tricks as well as share our favorite recipes all month. Get a friend to join you so you can support each other. Also remember to show yourself kindness- it’s okay to slip now and then!
We will be rooting for you!