Healthy Vegan Freezer Fudge
If you’re anything like us, your chocolate cravings are in full-swing year round! We stepped into the kitchen over the weekend to pull together this Healthy Vegan Freezer Fudge - it’s a perfect, guilt-free alternative to the classic fudge recipes with all the goodness and healthy fats of coconut and avocado to boot.
We think you’ll love that it’s easy to store in your freezer and pop out for a quick tasty snack, after-dinner dessert or pre-workout fuel! If you’re making the recipe, be sure to give us a shout on @CompletEats feed - we’d love to feature your vegan fudge in our stories and hear what you think of the recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 6 hours
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 c. vegan chocolate chips
- 1 can coconut cream
- ½ c. cacao powder
- 2 t. Vanilla extract
- 1 Mocha Chip cookie, cut into pieces
1. Prepare a bread pan or 8x8 pan by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the coconut cream to a gentle simmer, then remove from heat. Add in the vegan chocolate chips and stir until melted. Next, whisk in the cacao powder.
3. Add the chocolate mixture, vanilla extract, and 1 avocado to a blender and blend until the avocado is fully incorporated. Using a spatula, spread the mixture into the parchment-lined pan and top with pieces of the Mocha Chip Cookie.
4. Place the freezer in the fudge for at least 6-8 hours to firm. To serve, remove from the freezer and cut into small pieces. Store covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.