#Pride is here, and we couldn’t be more ready for it! In honor of pride month, we teamed up in the kitchen with some of our favorite natural compounds - spirulina, turmeric, and beet powder - to create a rainbow-colored chia seed pudding. You’ll love creating this fun, Instagram-worthy dessert for all your friends and family, and we guarantee they won’t be able to tell it’s healthy!
Spirulina is a powerful antioxidant, while turmeric has many anti-inflammatory properties and beetroot powder can help lower pressure and improve circulation. We love that being fun and creative in the kitchen doesn’t have to mean letting go of any health benefits! Of course, if you don’t have these on hand you can always use natural, organic food coloring 🌈
How are you celebrating #Pride in your kitchen? We’d love to know! Tag us @CompletEats.
Prep time: 5 min.
Total time: 8- 10 hrs.
- 1/4 c. chia seeds
- 1 + 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1 t. maca powder
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 T. maple syrup
- Fresh berries and a few Banana Bread cookies, or other topping of your choice
- Various natural food dyes, a few teaspoons of each: turmeric, spirulina, beet powder
1. To make the chia pudding, combine the chia seeds, coconut milk, maca powder, vanilla, and maple syrup in a large bowl or mason jar. Stir to combine, then allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
2. Once the pudding has set, divide it into four or five bowls. In one bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon of spirulina powder. In the second bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder. In the third bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon of beet powder. Finally, add 1/8 teaspoon of both turmeric and spirulina into the fourth bowl. Stir to combine, adding additional powders until you reach the desired coloring. For extra colors, try mixing spirulina and beet powder to create a deep purple, or adding turmeric to a small amount of beet powder for a vibrant golden orange! Be careful to taste as you go - if you add too much coloring, it may affect the flavor of the layers.
3. Layer the colored chia pudding into parfait glasses, champagne flutes, or small mason jars, topping them with coconut, a few Banana Bread cookies, or fresh fruit.