Something about eating a fruit pie in the summertime is so nostalgic. It reminds me of eating a messy, but delicious slice of apple pie that my grandmother used to make with apples from her own backyard.
Here are some plant-based and healthier versions of the classic pies we grew up eating. Whether you're going to a barbecue, party, or making it "just because", you're going to love them!
- Cherry Pie- This homemade vegan cherry pie is flavorful and comforting. We recommend serving it with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream on top. Plus, the weaved pie crust lattice on top is beautiful!
- Coconut Cream Pie- Here is a cleaned-up version of the classic recipe you grew up with and is chock-full of healthy ingredients like the chia seeds and almonds in our Banana Bread cookies, walnuts, bananas, and healthy fats in the coconut cream. There’s no gluten, refined sugars, or dairy in the recipe, so it’ll be a hit with everyone! Click here for the recipe.
- No-Bake Lemon Tart with Ginger Crust- Creamy and deliciously lemony no-bake vegan lemon pie with ginger cookie crust. The slight spice from the ginger crust pairs perfectly with the sweet and sour lemon filling.
- Apple Pie- When it comes to pies, apple has to be the most famous. No matter the occasion or time of year, no one can deny a delicious slice of apple pie. This vegan version has a hint of cardamom for something special!
- Blueberry Pie Bars- Vegan Blueberry Pie Bars have all the flavors of traditional blueberry pie, but in bar form! If you don't have fresh blueberries, don't worry- frozen will work just as well.