Roasting s'mores by the camp fire always sounds like a good idea, right?
We’ve created a recipe that is simple and quick to throw together while also gluten-free and vegan. It’s the perfect clean alternative to the classic s’more. Your friends wont even know the difference, unless you tell them of course!
We’d love to see the fall treats you’re whipping up with your CompletEats cookies – tag us @CompletEats so we can see what you’re up to in the kitchen!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
For the crust:
- 9 CompletEats Chocolate Chia cookies
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 1 c. raw pecans
For the Vegan Chocolate Sauce:
1/4 c. full fat coconut milk
1 c. dairy-free chocolate chips
3 T. melted coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
For the Toppings:
- Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil.
- To make the crust: Pulse together all ingredients in a food processor until the dough comes together. Transfer the mixture to the foil-lined pan and use your fingers to evenly spread the mixture. Use the back of a wooden spoon or the bottom of a drinking glass to pack the crust down. Set aside.
- To make the ganache: Meanwhile, heat 1 c. coconut milk until almost boiling (about 30-60 seconds in the microwave). Remove from heat. Add in the chocolate chips and whisk slowly until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add in the coconut oil and sea salt, stirring to combine. Allow ganache to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- To assemble: Once the chocolate ganache has cooled a bit, pour it over the crust. Top with vegan marshmallows. Using a kitchen torch, gently melt the marshmallows. You can also use your broiler, but you’ll need to watch the bars carefully so the marshmallows don’t burn.
- Top the s’mores bars with pecans or cacao nibs as desired. These vegan s’mores bars are best served immediately but can be stored at room temperature for 2 days.