No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Fall is in the air, and at Love + Chew we are HERE.🍁FOR.🍁IT.🍁 Bring on all the pumpkin flavored, no-bake vegan desserts - like this frozen pumpkin pie!
If you’re on the lookout for other healthy fall-inspired snacks, check out our Pumpkin Pie Balls recipe or Superfood Energy Balls– they’re both super easy recipes that will have your guests begging for more (and they won’t be able to guess that they’re healthy!)
As always, we love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen! Tag us on Instagram so we can see what you’re making this fall!
PREP TIME - 20
TOTAL TIME - 5 hours
For the crust:
- 8 Love + Chew Banana Bread Cookies (or another flavor)
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 c. raw pecans
For the Vegan Pumpkin layer:
- 1 jar pumpkin puree
- 3 T. arrowroot powder
- 1 c. non-dairy milk (we like coconut milk)
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- ⅛ t. Nutmeg
For the toppings:
- Coconut whipped cream (find the recipe here)
- Pecans or almonds
- Cinnamon, for sprinkling
1. To make the crust: Pulse together all ingredients in a food processor until the dough comes together. Transfer the mixture to a springform pan or pie plate and use your fingers to evenly spread the mixture. Use the back of a wooden spoon or the bottom of a drinking glass to pack the crust down. Set aside.
2. To make the vegan pumpkin layer: Meanwhile, heat 1 c. non dairy milk until almost boiling. Remove from heat and whisk in the arrowroot powder, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and spices. Whisk slowly until smooth and combined. Pour the pumpkin mixture into a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap onto the surface of the pumpkin mixture to prevent skin from forming. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until cooled and at pudding consistency.
3. To assemble: Once the pumpkin layer has cooled, pour it over the crust. Top with coconut whipped cream. Place in the freezer to set, at least 2 hours or until firm enough to cut.
4. To serve, top with more coconut whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or chopped nuts as desired. Serve immediately and store in the freezer for best results.
Back to BLOG