Summer is upon us and we are HERE for it! We threw together a batch of these mango coconut bars over the weekend and have been hooked ever since. Not only is mango delicious and one of our favorite go-to summer fruits, but it’s also high in many health-enhancing compounds like antioxidants and Vitamins C and E. There’s a lot of research to show that eating a diet high in fruits like mangoes can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, and we’re 100% sure your taste-buds are going to love this recipe, so it’s a win-win!
These are super simple to whip up, but they’ll need about an hour in the freezer to set before you can cut them, so plan ahead if you want to serve them at your next grill-out or barbecue. They taste best when they’ve had 5-10 minutes to thaw.
If you loved this recipe that incorporated seasonal fruits, check out this recipe for more inspo.
Prep time: 15 min.
Total time: 15 min + 1 hour
For the cookie crust:
- 10 Banana Bread cookies
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
For the creamy coconut filling:
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 c. coconut cream (scooped from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- Maple syrup to taste
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut
For the mango puree:
- 1 c. diced mango
- 1 T. water
1. For the cookie crust: Using a food processor, blitz together all ingredients and press the dough into a bread pan, using your palm to smooth out any bumps. Set aside.
2. For the creamy coconut filling: Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour the filling over the cookie crust.
3. For the mango puree layer: Blend together the water and mango in a food processor until smooth. Dollop the mango puree over the bars and use a spoon to swirl the mango into the coconut filling. Place the bars in the freezer, allowing the mixture to set for 1-2 hours, or until firm.
4. Finally, cut the bars into 8-10 pieces and store them in the freezer until ready to serve. For best results, allow the bars to thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving.