Jelly Filled Cheesecake Cups
Vegan cheesecake cups are a delightful, easy dessert to prepare for any kind of day. They only require chilling, so while it is still warm out we will enjoy them as much as possible! With endless flavor combinations possible, it is a great idea to use fillings in your vegan cheesecakes! This recipe by Vivian (@tinyteathigns) is a great example. You can make any kind of jam or jelly you desire, and lay it down on the crust before adding your blended cashews. We hope you give it a try!
Prep Time - 45 minutes
Total Time - 2 hours
- 2 Completeats Cherry Almond Cookies
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 tsp agar powder
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (optional, plus 1 tbsp to grease pan)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon (~ 4 tsp)
- 1 3/4 cup water
1. Put frozen berries and 1/2 cup water in a small pot over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Once water is mostly evaporated, add another 1/2 cup water.
2. Once water is mostly evaporated, smash the berries using a potato masher. Add 1/2 cup water and agar powder. Stir well. Raise heat to medium high and bring to simmer. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Let jam mixture sit for about 5 minutes
4. Either place muffin liners into the muffin cups or grease the muffin tin with coconut oil. This will help make it easier to take the cheesecakes out of the muffin tin
5. Cut each cookie into 4 pieces. Gently press each cookie piece down into a separate muffin cup. Slightly raise the edges by pressing them against the sides of the muffin cup. This will help keep the jam in place
6. Once jam has cooled to a warm temperature, scoop some into each muffin cup.
7. Put muffin tin in refrigerator to let the jam set for about 10 minutes.
8. In a high speed blender, blend the cashews, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water until smooth.
9.Pour mixture into the muffin cups over the jam layer. Use a spoon to create a swirl design on the top.
10. Put tin in freezer for 1 hour and store in freezer for up to 2 weeks. Let the cups sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving