Deliciously Dairy-Free Cheesecake Cups
Try these easy cheesecake cups...they are so creamy and delicious you won’t believe there isn’t dairy in them! Perfect for yourself to nosh on or share with a crowd...if they last!
For more No-Bake Cheesecake ideas, click here!
PREP TIME - 1 hour 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME - 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup packed pitted dates*
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 Love + Chew Cookies (your flavor choice)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (quick-soaked*)
- 1 large lemon (juiced // 1 lemon yields ~scant 1/4 cup or 50 ml)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 scant cup full-fat coconut milk or nut milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
FLAVOR ADD-INS (optional)
- 2 Tbsp salted natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Anything you’d like!
1. Add dates to a food processor/blendtec/vitamix and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
2. Next add nuts and process into a meal. Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it's too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing. If too wet, add more almond or walnut meal. Optional: add a pinch of salt to taste.
3. Lightly grease a standard, 12 slot muffin tin (we used coconut oil). To make removing the cheesecakes easier, cut strips of parchment paper and lay them in the slots. This creates little tabs that makes removing them easier to pop out once frozen.
4. Next scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp amounts of crust and press with fingers. To pack it down, use a small glass or the back of a spoon to compact it and really press it down. I found the bottom of a glass works well. If it sticks, separate the crust and the glass with a small piece of parchment. Set in freezer to firm up.
5. Add the Love + Chew cookies to the blender and blender till an almond flour form. Pack on top of 1st layer in muffin tin.
6. Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If adding peanut butter, add to the blender and mix until thoroughly combined.
8. Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard - about 4-6 hours.
9. Once set, remove by tugging on the tabs or loosening them with a butter knife. They should pop right out. Keep in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks.
*If your dates are not sticky and moist, you can soak them in warm water for 10 minutes then drain. But be sure to drain thoroughly and pat dry to prevent the crust from getting soggy.
*To quick-soak cashews, pour boiling hot water over the cashews, soak for 1 hour uncovered, then drain and use as instructed.
*Prep time does not include freezing (4-6 hours)
*Adapted from @TheMinimalistBaker
Back to BLOG