Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Who DOESN'T love cookies and cream?! Whether it's the actual cookies, cake, or ice cream- we want it all! Our good friend Tara from @bearnecessities___ made us a super yummy vegan and gluten-free ice cookies and cream ice cream. We'll most likely be spending the rest of our summer afternoons eating it! If you want more Vegan Ice Cream ideas, click here!
PREP TIME - 1 hour + overnight
TOTAL TIME - 2 hours
- 1 full-fat can of coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups of oat milk
- 3 tablespoons of raw cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons of raw coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter ( if you don’t like the taste of cocoa butter you can replace it with more cashew butter or coconut butter)
- 3 dates
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 CompletEats Mocha Chip Cookies
1. Place your ice cream bowl in the freezer 24-48 hours before you plan on churning your ice cream.
2. Melt the cashew butter, coconut butter, and cocoa butter in a small saucepan.
3. Add the coconut milk, oat milk, dates, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the to a high-speed blender and for 30-40 seconds.
4. Add the melted cashew butter, coconut butter, and cocoa butter to blender and blend for a minute and 30 seconds.
>5. Add the mixture to a plastic bag and let sit overnight in an ice bath in the fridge.
6. Next day add your mixture to the ice cream maker along with 2-3 teaspoons of vodka to prevent the ice cream from forming ice crystals.
7. Churn the ice cream for 25-30 minutes depending on your ice cream maker.
8. Once the ice cream is almost done add the crumbled CompletEats Mocha Chip cookies and and add them to the ice cream maker and allow them to mix in well.
9. Eat as is or line a bread loaf with parchment paper and add the ice cream to the bread loaf. Let sit in the freezer for 2-3 before scooping. If you don’t eat all of the ice cream put it in a freezer safe container and keep for 2-3 weeks.