With Valentine’s Day around the corner, you’re probably looking for a clean chocolate recipe to bring to work or gift to friends and coworkers. We’ve got you covered!
These truffles are clean, easy to make, and come together quickly – plus, they’re super fun to decorate. We used beet powder in our recipe, but you could also drizzle with your own chocolate, sprinkles, or other toppings to make them your own and provide some variety.
Beet powder might seem like a strange ingredient, but it provides a beautiful pink hue to these healthy truffles and gives them a health kick. Beets are high in fiber and vitamin C, and they’ve been shown to lower blood pressure and support brain health. That’s a lot of wins in our book!
Let us know what you think of this fun, clean truffle recipe, and be sure to take a picture of your truffles and tag us on Instagram – we’d love to see your creation!
PREP TIME - 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME - 30 minutes
For the truffles:
- 8 Love + Chew Cherry Almond Cookies (or sub favorite flavor)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 4 T. cacao powder
- 5 t. melted coconut oil
- 1 c. vegan chocolate chips, melted
- Pinch of sea salt
For the drizzle covering:
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
4 T. beet powder or cacao powder
- Coconut flakes
- Extra beet powder or cacao powder
- In a food processor, combine the cookies, dates, cacao powder, coconut oil, melted chocolate, and sea salt. Pulse until the ingredients come together to form a sticky, pliable dough. Using your hands, form the mixture into 12 evenly sized truffles. Place in the refrigerator at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips for the drizzle. Stir in beet powder if using, or sub cacao powder for a darker drizzle.
- Drizzle the chocolate on the truffles, or roll the truffles in the melted chocolate. For a fun look, you can also roll them in beet powder. Finally, sprinkle any toppings on the truffles – we like sea salt and chocolate sprinkles!
- Place the truffles on a plate or cutting board in the refrigerator so the chocolate can set (10-20 minutes minimum). These truffles are best stored in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
Back to BLOG