Chocolate Mocha Chip Nice Cream
Nice cream has been a fad for a while now, but we couldn’t help but whip up our own version and it was too good not to share - this Chocolate Mocha Chip Nice Cream will have you licking the bowl and making multiple batches all summer long!
The key to making a creamy nice cream is to use pre-frozen bananas and a few tablespoons of full-fat canned coconut milk or cream. If you’re not a fan of coconut milk, you can easily substitute almond or cashew milk, although you might need to add less to keep the consistency the same. If it’s really hot out, you might need to pop the nice cream back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes after blending.
To serve, dip an ice cream scoop in hot water, dry, and scoop. Top with your favorite ice cream toppings - sprinkles, seasonal fruit, or Mocha Chip Cookie pieces are some of our favorites! Be sure to give us a shout @CompletEats when you make this nice cream recipe - we can’t wait to see what fun toppings you use!
Prep time: 15 min.
Total time: 2 hours + 15 min.
- 5 bananas, cut into pieces and frozen until firm
- ¼ c. cold-brew coffee, black
- ½ c. raw cacao powder
- 2 T. coconut cream or coconut milk (from a can)
- 1 Mocha Chip Cookie, cut into pieces
- ¼ c. almonds, walnuts, or cashews (optional)
- Seasonal fruit, sprinkles, cherries, or other toppings as desired
1. In a food processor, combine the frozen banana chunks, cold brew coffee, cacao powder, and coconut cream or milk. Pulse until smooth, adding additional milk or coffee as needed to make the nice cream smooth.
2. Stir in the Mocha Chip cookie pieces and the nuts (if using). If it’s really warm in your kitchen, you may need to place the nice cream back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to firm before serving.
3. Serve the ice cream with your favorite fruit or topped with additional chunks of our Mocha Chip Cookies. This chocolate mocha nice cream will last up to one week in the freezer.