Brownies have always been our guilty pleasure. And oh my, they have definitely changed over the years. People have made blonde brownies, and also have swirled them with cheesecake! @Chens_Plate got super creative with these brownies and used mashed sweet potato and our Chocolate Chia cookies! And the best part is that they're free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar so we're not feeling too guilty. 😋
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 2 CompletEats Chocolate Chia cookies
- Make the mashed sweet potato first. Take one small sweet potato, peel it, cut into smaller chunks, and place in a pot with water. Boil until the pieces are soft enough to pierce with a fork. Remove water and mash into a bowl.
- Place the 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato into a bowl with the other wet ingredients and mix very well. Be sure to break apart any clumps in the sweet potato.
- Add in the dry ingredients (except the cookies) and mix.
- Pour batter into a lined baking dish and top with the two crumbled cookies by crumbling them up and gently pressing them into the top of the batter. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy!