Has anyone else been spending a lot more time in the kitchen lately? We sure have! Something about ice cream bars just remind you of being a kid again during summer break. We whipped up Chocolate Cookie Crunch Ice Cream Bars using @cadoicecream.
Cado's avocado based ice cream is so creamy and delicious- you won't believe it's made with avocados! You can tailor these ice cream bars with whatever flavors you like or have on hand in your freezer. This is a great treat to store in the freezer for a post-dinner dessert or a midday pick-me-up! For more ice cream bar inspo, click here.
Prep time: 15 min.
Total time: 1 hour +15 min.
For the crust:
- 5 crumbled Chocolate Chia cookies
For the ice cream layers:
- 1 pint of chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 3 T. cacao nibs
- extra cookie crumbles
1. In an 8x8 glass dish, crumble the Chocolate Chia cookies and press them into the bottom of the dish. The layer should be about half an inch thick.
2. Spread the peanut butter on top of the cookie crust layer.
3. Once your mint chocolate chip ice cream is nice and soft, spread the ice cream over the peanut butter layer using a spatula. Place in the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes.
4. Spread the softened chocolate layer on top. Sprinkle on cacao nibs and additional cookie crumbles. Place back into the freezer until you're ready to serve. Enjoy!