Needing a quick and healthy breakfast option for those days when you’re rushing out the door? These Chocolate Coconut Berry Parfaits are the perfect vegan breakfast snack on the go!
At CompletEats, we’re committed to healthy and clean eating, and this parfait recipe is no exception to that. It’s full of healthy fats from avocado, lots of protein from the coconut yogurt, and antioxidants and fiber from the berries. If you’ve never made a chocolate avocado mousse before, don’t worry – it’s easy and you can’t taste the avocado at all! Instead, it’s rich and silky smooth and perfect for adding a chocolate layer to these parfaits. It’s one of our favorite healthy hacks.
If you’re looking for other grab and go breakfast recipes, check out our Strawberry and Cherry summer Parfaits or our Taste the Rainbow Chia Seed Pudding, both of which can be made ahead of time and stored in mason jars.
Let us know which healthy, make-ahead breakfasts you’re loving right now, and tag us in your creations on Instagram!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Parfaits
- Vegan coconut yogurt (or other yogurt alternatives)
- Assorted berries
- 2 CompletEats Peppermint Cacao Chip Cookies, chopped into pieces
- 1 recipe for Vegan Chocolate Mousse (see below)
- Additional toppings (hemp seeds, vegan chocolate chips, berries, etc.) as desired
Ingredient for Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Flesh of two ripe avocados
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1-2 Tbsp of coconut milk (more if needed)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (more if needed)
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
To make the Vegan Chocolate Mousse: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender and process until smooth, adding milk or maple syrup as necessary to achieve desired consistency and taste. Set aside.
To assemble Chocolate Coconut Berry Parfaits: Meanwhile, chop the CompletEats cookies and wash and dry berries. To make the parfaits, layer a few spoonfuls of coconut yogurt into 2 mason jars, then add the Vegan Chocolate Mousse, CompletEats cookie chunks, and berries. Repeat until the mason jars are full or you are out of ingredients! Top with additional toppings as desired.
- Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.