Chocolate Chia Hot Oats
Here at Love + Chew, we’re loving the winter wonderland and the opportunity to get cozy on the couch with a steaming bowl of these Chocolate Chia hot oats! Oats are a great way to get fiber at breakfast – and they’re so fun to top with a variety of fruits and yummy toppings.
We know you’ll love our newest recipe – it’s customizable based on your mood and nutritional needs, and super easy to whip up on the stove or in the microwave
Take a picture of your creation and tag us on Instagram – we’d love to see how you top your bowl!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 6 hours
For the hot oats
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 T. maple syrup (or to taste)
For the toppings
- Cacao nips or chocolate chips
- 1 Love + Chew Cookie of choice (we recommend Chocolate Chia)
- Cashew butter
- Coconut milk
- Chia seeds
- Coconut flakes
1. In a small saucepan, combine the oats and water. Cover and soak for 6 hours, or overnight. This shortens the cooking time, so don't skip this step!
2. After the oats have soaked, bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the oats have absorbed all the water. Add more water as needed, and stir often to prevent burning.
3. Once the oats are cooked, remove from heat and add in salt and maple syrup.
4. Scrape all the oatmeal into serving bowls and top as desired.
Back to BLOG