Cherry Raspberry Cheesecake
Happy National Cheesecake Day! The best part about summer are that berries are in season! To celebrate, Tara aka @bearnecessities___, made cherry raspberry mini cheesecakes- not only the perfect treat to indulge in this summer, but it's almost too beautiful to eat!
If you love this recipe, check out our No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Bars.
Prep Time- 30 minutes
Total Time- 2 hours
- 3 Love + Chew Cherry Almond Cookies
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cups of raw cashews soaked
- 1 cup of coconut cream (or the layer off of a full-fat can of coconut milk)
- ¼-⅓ cup Cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- ¼-⅓ cup of maple syrup (I start with less and add more if you like your desserts a little on the sweeter side)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of lemon zest
- ¾ cup of frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup of frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons of maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of coconut cream
- Optional:1-2 teaspoons of raspberry powder for extra color
1. Soak the raw cashews overnight in water with enough to cover the cashews.
2. For the base, melt the coconut oil.
3. Add the Love + Chew Cherry Almond Cookies and melted coconut oil to a high-speed blender and pulse until fully blended 30-40 seconds.
4. Press the base into 3 mini springform pans.
5. Place in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes while you make the filling.
6. For the vanilla layer, drain the soaked cashews and set aside.
7. Melt the cashew butter down 2-3 in a small saucepan on low heat, stirring and don’t let it burn.
8. Add the soaked cashews, melted cashew butter, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy 1.5-2 minutes. Adjust sweetness according to your preference.
9. Pull out the springform pans and pour the vanilla layer into each of the springform pans.
10. Place back in the freezer and freeze for 30-40 minutes.
11. Make the raspberry cherry layer by adding the frozen raspberries, frozen cherries, and maple syrup to a small saucepan on medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes.
12. Stir the mixture to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
13. Add in the cashew butter and coconut cream to the small saucepan and cook until the cashew butter and coconut cream are melted.
14. Add the mixture to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. 1.5-2 minutes.
15. Optional add the raspberry powder for extra color.
16. Remove the raw cheesecakes from the freezer and add the raspberry cherry layer and freeze until full frozen.
17. Once frozen remove from freezer and thaw for 15-20 minutes before eating.
18. Store in a freezer safe container in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.