How do you feel about the cauliflower smoothie trend?
At CompletEats, we couldn’t be more onboard. Adding cauliflower to your smoothie may seem weird at first, but if you haven’t tried it yet now’s the time! Cauliflower makes smoothies thick without adding any extra sugar (like a banana or other frozen fruit would) and it’s a great way to sneak another serving of veggies into your day.
This creamy Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl feels decadent and luxurious, and it’s a great way to kick off your morning, especially around the holidays when you're surrounded by sugary desserts. Plus, you can top your smoothie bowl with whatever comes to mind – we loved ours topped with cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips for that extra chocolatey kick and antioxidant boost. The mint and chocolate combo had us feeling like we were eating mint chocolate chip ice cream for breakfast!
This recipe also features spirulina powder, an algae that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It doesn’t add any taste to the recipe but gives the smoothie a wonderful healthy boost and a beautiful blue-green hue. We think you’ll love it!
So cauliflower in your smoothie – are you in? Let us know and take a picture of your cauliflower smoothie bowl on Instagram!
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
For the Cacao Chip Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 c. frozen organic cauliflower florets
- 1 c. almond or coconut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ c. spinach leaves
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 1 t. maca powder (optional)
- 1 t. spirulina powder (optional)
- maple syrup as needed for sweetening
- 1 CompletEats Mocha Chip cookie
- hemp seeds
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- chia seeds
- fresh fruit
1. Blend smoothie ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth, adding more milk if necessary.
2. Pour smoothie into two serving bowls, and top as desired. Enjoy immediately.