Cacao + Blueberry Oat Bowl
Something about the holiday season makes us want to stay in bed curled up with a healthy bowl of hot oats!
This Cacao + Blueberry Oat bowl is full of healthy fats and proteins to keep you full all morning. We’ve also added maca powder for an energy boost: maca root is a staple in Peruvian cooking and is a nutritional powerhouse full of potassium, iodine, and iron. To get the full benefits of maca powder, it’s best not to cook it, which is why we recommend adding it to the oatmeal once it’s removed from the heat and right before eating.
Blueberries are known for their antioxidant properties, but also add potassium and vitamin B6 to this healthy breakfast bowl. We love the idea of eating blueberries and cacao for breakfast!
Are you a fan of healthy oatmeal bowls? Tag us on Instagram and let us see what you’re having for breakfast!
PREP TIME: 5 min.
COOK TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 15 min.
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk (or water)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ t. maca powder (optional)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- extra coconut milk for topping
- 1 Chocolate Chia cookie, chopped into pieces
- cacao nibs
1. In a small saucepan, bring the coconut or almond milk to boil. Once boiling, reduce the milk to a simmer and add the oats and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes or until the oats are thickened.
2. Once the oats are cooked, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and maca powder, if using.
3. Spoon the oats into a bowl. Top with coconut milk, a CompletEats Peppermint Cacao Chip Cookie, blueberries, cacao nibs, and any other desired toppings. Serve and enjoy immediately.