6 Ingredient Healthy Minty Matcha Cups
We’re all ready for the New Year, and because we know many of you are re-thinking the way you eat (thanks, holidays!) we’ve prepped several healthy, vegan dessert recipes that we know will keep you on track while satisfying your sweet tooth. These Minty Matcha Cups are perfect for those times your sweet tooth calls, but also satisfy your body’s deeper need for antioxidants with the dark chocolate and matcha. Biting into these decadent, creamy cups will feel indulgent, but your body will thank you! Want to show off your CompletEats creations? Tag us @CompletEats on Instagram so we can be inspired!
PREP TIME - 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME - 20 minutes
For the Chocolate layers:
- 4 vegan chocolate bars
For the Matcha filling:
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 T. coconut oil
- ½ t. Mint extract
- 1 t. Matcha
- Maple syrup to taste (2-3 Tablespoons)
1. Line 8 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Melt the chocolate bars in a double boiler until smooth, whisking constantly to keep from burning. Pour half of the chocolate into the paper liners, tapping the pan to remove any bubbles and even the chocolate. Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
3. Meanwhile, blend together the matcha layer ingredients and sweeten to taste.
4. Once the chocolate has set, spoon the matcha layer over the chocolate in the muffin tins, smoothing the matcha layers as you go with the back of a spoon. Pour the remaining chocolate over the top of the matcha layer, and put back in the freezer until set. Store in the freezer for up to one week, or serve immediately.